Emirates Flight Delay Compensation
Flight delay or cancellation can be quite stressful, and can ruin your vacation. It can be very frustrating especially because you can’t do anything about to prevent it or avoid it.
Even though you can’t do much about it, you should be compensated for the stress you’ve been through. According to EC 261, you can be compensated up to €600 per passenger per flight. Most of times that is enough to compensate for the frustration you’ve been through.
So if you’re interested in getting compensated for a delayed flight from Emirates, keep on reading!
Are You Eligible For Emirates Compensation?
Before you go marching in to get your compensation, it would be safe to know if you are one of those who are eligible.
You are entitled to a Emirates compensation if:
- Your actual arrival time is 3 hours or more later than the anticipated/announced time.
- The Emirates flight was within the EU or at least landed in the EU.
- You checked in well before the flight, as 45-minute is the standard.
- The Emirates flight delay happened within the last three years.
- Emirates is responsible for the flight delay, and there was nothing you could do.
How Much Emirates Compensation Are You Entitled To?
Emirates flight delay compensation follows the same EC 261 as mentioned above, so you are entitled to a certain compensation if there was a delay, and you are within the above-mentioned constraints.
You will be paid anything between €250 to €600 depending upon a number of factors that include your Emirates flight delay time, Emirates flight distance, etc.
To make it easier to comprehend, we’ve shown these factors in a table form below:
|Emirates Delay Of Less than 3 hours||Emirates Delay Of 3 – 4 hours||Emirates Delay Of More than 4 hours||The Emirates Flight Never arrived|
Emirates Compensation For Businesses and Officials
If you were travelling for a business meeting or an official task, and there was a Emirates flight delay, your company/employer won’t be compensated.
It’s EU law that you, the one who actually suffered due to the flight delay, be compensated and not the company/employer that hired you and paid for your ticket.
So if you had a Emirates flight delay or Emirates flight cancellation, you are entitled to the compensation and not your employer. And that includes both private and public sector employers as they’re not the ones who are directly affected by the Emirates delay.
You Will Get Refreshments Like Food
If you had a Emirates delay and the flight included refreshments like meals or snacks, you’re entitled to them without any reduction in your flight compensation.
EC 261 explicitly mentions that any EU based flight, or a flight whose headquarters are in EU, is to provide flight essentials like food, meals, and drinks to the customers in case of a delay. This includes the Emirates delay, and you will be given proper refreshments.
In fact, the flight company is to provide the proper stay, like a hotel room, in case of an overnight delay of the flight. In addition, you will also get a ride to and from the hotel without any extra charges.
What else are you entitled to in case of a Emirates delay?
In addition to the refreshments, hotel stay, and the paid compensation, you are entitled to a number of perks like:
- You can get a full reimbursement or re-route your flight:If your Emirates flight delay is more than 5 hours, you are entitled to a reimbursement. This can be a partial or a full reimbursement, depending upon the conditions. In addition, you can also get a return ticket without any extra charges.
- You can upgrade your flight:If the Emirates delay has occurred, you can be offered an upgraded flight. You won’t have to pay a single dime for the up-gradation as the law covers it too. It’s like getting a three-course meal for the price of a hamburger. However, this can be reversed, and your seat can be downgraded. Even then, you’re in luck. The company will pay you 30-75% of the previous ticket’s price in case your seat is downgraded.
Further compensation: Further compensations are for those who demand. If you voluntarily let go of these compensations, the flight won’t have to compensate you. However, if you decide to take these extra compensations, your actual Emirates flight delay compensation can be reduced depending upon the amount of further compensation you get.
Flight Vouchers Instead Of Cash Compensation
If your Emirates flight is delayed, you can be offered a flight voucher instead of the cash compensation you’re legally entitled to.
In such a scenario, it’s up to you to choose the one best suits your needs. You can go with flight vouchers, like most of the customers, or you can insist on cash compensation. Emirates Airlines will be legally required to pay cash compensation if you insist on getting one.
You may be owed more than you think!
What EU Flights Are Covered By EC 261?
When it comes to Emirates, almost all flights are covered. You will be provided proper compensation in case of a Emirates delay because the airline has its headquarters in the EU and thus falls under its regulations.
If you’re travelling within the EU, your flight delay is almost guaranteed to have proper compensation under EC 261. In addition, most of the Emirates flights outside the EU are also compensated. You can rest assured as your Emirates flight delay compensation will be available in case of a delay, no matter where you are.
How Much Was Your Emirates Flight Delayed?
One thing that you must understand is that delay time is calculated not from the take-off time, but arrival time.
You can’t be compensated if your flight somehow manages to reach the destination on time, even after a substantial delay in taking off. Similarly, you will be compensated for a delay in arrival time, even if the flight took off without any delay.
In proper terms, arrival time is the time your flight touches the ground, and one of its doors opened for passengers.
Extraordinary Conditions Will Take Away Your Compensation
There are certain conditions that are considered extraordinary because of their nature. In such conditions, you won’t be entitled to compensation even if the delay was more than three hours. These conditions include a medical emergency, lightning strike, strikes like air control staff’s strike, malfunctioning in the aeroplane, or any other condition that is involuntary and cannot be avoided.
Snow Can Be An Extraordinary Condition
Adverse weather is another extraordinary condition, and snow can fall into this category.
However, a Emirates delay due to snow can also be compensated if the flight doesn’t follow certain rules like having a proper amount of de-icers in case of snowy weather. If that’s the case, you can ask for your legal compensation, and Emirates will pay.
Airlines Strikes Are Not Extraordinary
Airlines can be on strike from time to time, but that’s not an extraordinary issue. This is because a 2018 ruling says that airline strikes won’t exempt them from paying legal compensations, and that included Emirates strikes.
You can ask for your flight compensation without any hesitation as it’s airline’s fault and not a technical or extraordinary one.
What About Connecting Flights?
If you’re travelling on a route that requires a connecting flight, you can miss that because of the delay in your Emirates flight. It’s a scenario that many face when travelling to faraway parts of the world.
In case you miss your connecting flight due to a delay in the original Emirates flight, Emirates is to provide a proper replacement for the connecting flight and ensure you reach your final destination without any extra charges.
You will also be paid cash compensation if you decide to take it. This is because the original Emirates flight was 3+ hours late.
With all of this, you must make sure that you booked the whole journey together, including the connecting flight. If you booked connecting flights separately, then Emirates won’t be obligated to provide you with the replacement flight, but you will still get the compensation money.
How To Get The Emirates Flight Delay Compensation?
Do This In Case Of A Emirates Flight Delay
- In case you face a Emirates flight delay and expect to be compensated, don’t rush anything. It won’t help you at all as a rushed-decision can make your compensation claim invalid.So follow these steps to safely retain your compensation rights.
- Don’t let go of your belongings and other documents. This should be obvious because if you lost them, you wouldn’t be able to claim compensation.
- Formally ask the reason for the delay. If it isn’t an extraordinary situation, you can be compensated.
- Get the proof of the delay, like photos of the arrival time on your ticket and the actual arrival time to draw a comparison.
- Don’t hesitate and ask for meals and refreshments as you’ve already paid for them. This won’t affect your compensation claim.
- Read everything carefully before signing it. If you can’t understand it, just don’t sign it.
- In case of a 5+ hour delay, you can either choose to wait for the flight or call the flight off without any problem with your claim.
- In case of an overnight delay, ask the airline for a hotel room. They are obligated to provide this.
- Always keep your receipts with you in case the delayed flight cost you more than it should’ve.
How To Claim A Emirates Flight Delay Compensation
First of all, don’t panic. There’s nothing to worry about as everything is under control. You can relax and let us handle the burden for you.We’re professionals and know all the procedures like:
- Checking for eligibility of compensation
- Handling all the communications
- And ensuring you get the compensation without any hassle on your part.
You’re not the one at risk, all you need to do keep the receipts and documents with you, and we’ll do all the work for you. (We charge a small fee for our efforts).
What Documents Do You Need To File For Compensation?
Emirates flights can require a number of documents like proof of identity, your ticket, and other flight-related documents. So don’t let go of anything related to your Emirates flight.
Once you know that you have every document, we can help you get your flight compensation without any hassle. We know exactly how to approach the claim and what will make your claim hard to reject.
If you’re going solo, bear in mind that a lot of unseen issues can arise that can complicate your claim, and you may end up with no compensation at all.
Free Tools To Check Your Eligibility
We’ve got you covered with our array of free tools that will help you determine if you’re eligible and how to approach the claim.
You can use our eligibility calculator to see if your Emirates flight’s delay can be compensated or not. You can do this on the web or use our App. Both have the required set of features that will make this whole experience a lot easier and fast.
Once you know that you’re eligible, you can use our boarding pass scanner to scan the barcode. That way, you won’t have to remember everything manually, as we’ll do it for you.
With everything under control, you can rest assured as we’ll do everything in our power to take care of your eligibility criteria.
You can be an American and still claim for compensation
If you’re not a European citizen but are travelling via Emirates Airlines, you can claim compensation. This is to say that the law covers everyone who’s been travelling with the Emirates.
Here’s a chart to show exactly what we mean by that:
|Itinerary||EU Air Carrier|
|From inside the EU to inside the EU||Covered|
|From inside the EU to outside the EU||Covered|
|From outside the EU to inside the EU||Covered|
|From outside the EU to outside the EU||Not Covered|
What About Global Passengers?
If you’re a US citizen or belong to any other country, you can still claim for the compensation. That is to say; if you’re travelling via Emirates Airlines, you can still get compensated under EC 261.
In addition to EC 261, there’s Montreal Convention, which ensures international flights follow a set of certain rules. These include the delay compensations. For example, if you had to pay for extra because of a delayed flight, you’re entitled to compensation by the airline no matter where it is. This is one of the international laws that protect the rights of passengers all over the world.
We Can Help You Get Your Compensation!
Emirates flight delay compensationis your right, and we’re here to ensure that you get it without any hassle. You don’t have to worry about anything, as our team of experts will handle everything for you.We can enforce your Emirates compensation rights because:
- We, at AirFlightClaim, have been helping people get their flight compensations for years, with a success rate of more than 98%.
- We know exactly how to approach the situation, for example, Emirates compensation, in a way that makes it easier for you to comprehend it.
- AirFlightClaim has been rated highly by our esteemed clients who are happy with their compensations.
- Numbers don’t lie, and we have millions of satisfied customers all over Europe.
- Our team knows the ins and outs of the system and will provide comprehensive guidance through legal complexities.
- We never back down and ensure that you get your money no matter what!
We Never Leave You Alone
When you’re filing a claim for compensation, you’re basically going against a corporation that has deep-rooted ties with the justice department. The justice system, although fairly neutral, will be tilted towards the ones who have the best approach. And in Emirates compensation or any other delay compensation, you alone won’t be able to come up with a better approach. AirFlightClaim will ensure that the decision is in your favor because we know exactly how the system works and how to approach your case in the best manner possible.
You don’t have anything to lose; we’ll take the burden from you and work on your behalf. We never discriminate between our clients as every client deserves to be dealt with in a way that’s best for their claim.
So if you’re looking for the best way to file a compensation claim, get in touch with us. We’ll take a look at your scenario and discuss how we’ll approach it.
If you like it, we can move forward with the claim. We only charge a small fee for our efforts and the compensation money is all yours!
These are some of the most common questions that we get from our clients. We’ve answered them in a way that’s easily understandable and helps you get the right answers.
• Does Etihad compensation apply per person?
Yes, Emirates and other European Airlines are required to pay compensation per person. It doesn’t matter how much you paid for your ticket, as long as your flight was delayed, you can get compensated.
• I’m not sure about the 3-hour delay. What do I do?
Sometimes it’s practically impossible to know if you’re 3 hours late or not. Maybe your flight took off three hours late, but the arrival wasn’t that late. Even if you’re not sure, contact us. We’ll handle the situation for you.